The procedure for assessing conformity in the Czech Republic is identical to the procedure in all the EU Member States and is described as such in Government Order No. 426/2016 Coll., on the assessment of conformity of radio equipment when delivered to the market, which implements Directive 2014/53/EU on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of radio equipment and repealing Directive 1999/5/EC (so called RED Directive).
Contrary to the previous legal regulation, effective to 12 June 2016 (with the transitional period to 12 June 2016) the conformity assessment can be carried out by a producer only (it also applies to the producers residing outside the EU).
More detailed information is available in Czech language only and can be reached by clicking „CZ“ in the upper right corner.
Certain other sources of information on conformity assessment
- Radio equipment and its conformity assessment on the website of the European Commission
- Guide to RED Directive: Guide to the Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU
- Guide to Directive 1999/5/EC on radio equipment and telecommunications terminal equipment and the mutual recognition of their conformity
- Website of the European Commission regarding EC conformity mark
- Frequently asked questions on the website of the European Commission
- The ‘Blue Guide’ on the implementation of EU product rules 2022