The harmonised standards related to Directive 2014/53/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of radio equipment and repealing Directive 1999/5/EC, and to the Czech Government Order No. 426/2016 Coll., on the assessment of conformity of radio devices when delivered to the market, can be searched on the ÚNMZ website of the Czech technical standards.
Overview of the harmonised standards related to the essential requirements set by Directive 2014/53/EU (Directive RED), i.e. the safety standards including restrictions regarding exposure limit values related to human exposure to electromagnetic fields, electromagnetic compatibility and effective use of the radio spectrum, is listed in Commission Communication 2018/C 326/04, complemented by Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2020/167 as amended by Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/1196.
If no standard harmonised to Directive RED has been issued for the device concerned, then the standard harmonised to Directive 1999/5/ES (Directive RTTE) can be used for assessing conformity- for more see Answers of the European Commission to frequently asked questions about Directive RED.
For the devices using radio frequencies under the general authorisation regime the harmonised standards for effective use of the radio spectrum are provided for in the respective general authorisations.
Examples of frequently used harmonised standards:
Effective use of the radio spectrum:
• ČSN ETSI EN 300 220 – Short Range Devices (SRD) – Radio devices used in the 25-1000 MHz frequency band with a power bellow 500 mW
• ČSN ETSI EN 300 440 – Short Range Devices – Radio devices used in the 1-40 GHz frequency band
• ČSN ETSI EN 300 328 – Wideband transmission systems – Devices for data transmission operating in the 2,4 GHz ISM band and using wide band modulation techniques
• ČSN ETSI EN 301 893 – Broadband Radio Access Networks (BRAN) – 5GHz high performance RLAN
• Standards series ČSN ETSI EN 301 489 – Standards for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of the radio devices and services
• ČSN EN 60950 – Information technology equipment - Safety
• ČSN EN 62209 – Measurement procedure for evaluation of the specific energy absorption rate (SAR) during human exposure to radio frequency fields from the hand-held and body-worn wireless communication devices