Interference with terrestrial television reception - related to the operation of MFCN networks
Information about pilot operation of base stations for broadband networks MFCN (4G and 5G):
The interactive map shows the exact location of base stations for broadband networks in the bands 700 MHz - 800 MHz (hereinafter referred to as “BTS”) and the date of their putting into pilot operation. If television reception deteriorates, you can check whether the problem is connected to the operation of BTS in your area.
Information about the permanent operation of broadband networks (4G and 5G):
The interactive map shows calculated coverage by signal from base stations for broadband networks (3G, 4G and 5G) in the bands 700, 800, 1800, 2100 and 2600 MHz that are in permanent operation. The website also has a table section stating the percentage coverage of the population in individual regions, districts and municipalities of the Czech Republic.
Interference to television reception – causes and how to proceed?
If you experience problems in receiving terrestrial television that arise after the MFCN network base stations has been put into operation in your place of residence, please contact the localy-competent CTU departments or use the electronic form.
How to proceed - notification of interference
Before submitting a notification of interference to CTU, it is recommended to:
- check whether the TV receiver and its receiving antenna show any signs of malfunction, it is recommended to contact neighbours if they have similar problems with TV reception and since when.
- Check on the interactive map by entering the address of the location of the interfered device whether a mobile network base station has been set up in the vicinity for the test operation. If the interference problems persist, it is recommended to contact CTU in the form of a notification of television interference.
Notification of interference:
- Contacts to experts at the locally-competent CTU department appointed to deal with the issue of interference with MFCN signals .
- Electronic form for notification of interference with television reception.
- other options for providing notification of interference and the details of submission.
Professional assistance to companies:
For professional companies involved in the installation of receiving television antennas, CTU offers the possibility of technical consultation on the measurement and solution of EMC MFCN vs DVB-T/T2 . It is also recommended to use the methodological document issued by CTU: CTU's Procedure for the Investigation of Interference to TV Signals from the 700 MHz Band, which sets out the Office's procedures for investigating interference, including the limit values of the measured parameters.
Further information for television viewers:
Interference to television reception from the 700 MHz band will occur suddenly, always after the mobile network base station has been put into pilot operation, which can be verified by using the interactive map, entering the address of the location where the interference is occurring and inspecting whether the MFCN base station has been put into operation in that location.
CTU would like to remind television viewers that the costs associated with the removal of interference to television reception from the 700 MHz band are legally charged to the mobile network operator only on the basis of a specific decision of the CTU. Therefore, in the case of suspected interference to reception from the 700 MHz band, it is always necessary to first report this fact to the CTU, which will investigate the matter locally and inform the viewer of the further procedure, including their rights. In a situation where the viewer first has the adjustments made by a professional company and then reports the matter to the CTU, the costs associated with the adjustments already made cannot be claimed retroactively.