The start of data collection for price and quality comparison tool
On 18 January 2021, Czech Telecommunication Office has started data collection to operate price and quality comparison tool in order to implement Section 66a of the Electronic Communications Act. The comparison tool will contribute to increase transparency and comparability of services on the electronic communications market and will help consumers to choose the most appropriate service.
Implementing Decree No. 582/2020, published in Collection of laws at the end of the previous year, provides information about specific scope, form and manner of how the undertakings should submit the information for the purposes of operating comparison tool.
From 18 to 22 January 2021, automatic information emails for individual undertakings providing one of these services will be generated:
- Mobile tariff and prepaid services (calls, SMS, data)
- Mobile internet (i.e. Internet i laptop or tablet)
- Calls at a fixed location – PSTN and VoIP with the use of geographic telephone numbers
- Internet at a fixed location – connection at a fixed location using different technologies (e.g. xDSL, FTTx, CATV, WiFi)
- TV - services paid by the end users
Undertakings will receive these emails with unique links for registration to the comparison tool system. The registration is also available on https://srovnavac.ctu.cz/registrace without this email. To verify the authorisation to act on behalf of the given undertaking, it is necessary to sign the form and to send it to CTU in one of these ways:
- From undertaking’s data mailbox to CTU data mailbox (a9qaats) with the subject „Comparison tool“;
- Signed by a recognized e-signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the undertaking and sent to email@example.com with the subject „Comparison tool“;
- In written form with certified signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the undertaking and sent to address: Český telekomunikační úřad, odbor ekonomické regulace, poštovní přihrádka 02, 225 02, Praha 025.
Once the user account is activated, undertakings will be able to make familiar with the user interface, structure and types of forms for the data collection; the description of technical security and the way how to fill the data in the form will be available in a separate document.
Data will be collected in two phases. Undertakings shall submit data on mobile services until the end of January 2021, on the other services until the end of March 2021. Providers of mobile services will receive information e-mails on 18 January 2021.
CTU thanks all the undertakings for cooperation.