The Czech Telecommunication Office as the central administrative body for the execution of state administration in the matters laid down by teh Elecotronic Communications Act (Act No. 127/2005 Coll.), promotes and upholds the interests of consumers, among other activities, in that CTU ensures a high level of consumer protection in accordance with the provisions of the Elecotronic Communications Act.
The Office has published on this website practical information from the sphere of electronic communication services and information on the use of radio and terminal telecommunication equipment, the aim being to provide subscribers/users with information that allows them to avoid risk situations, fraudulent behaviour and unfair business practices in the sphere of electronic communications.
This site also contains useful links to other bodies of state administration (in particular the Czech Trade Inspection Authority - Česká obchodní inspekce) and other organisations involved in the issue of consumer protection and that publish information that is closely related to the issue of protecting consumers of electronic communication services on their sites.
Issues of subscriber contracts
Under the links bellow you can find CTU´s advice to frequently solved issues currently available in Czech language only.
last update: 15.01.2016
- Information on suspicions of misleading conduct by sales representatives
- Information on the issue of amendments to contractual terms and conditions as a result of a change in VAT
- What to look out for when signing contracts for a fixed term
- Unfair business practices when contracts are entered into between a business undertaking which provides electronic communication services and subscribers (consumers) outside the premises of such business undertakings and when using means of remote communication
- The right to information if a recording of call exists at a call centre (also for entering into contracts by means of remote communication) (notice of the Office for Personal Data Protection)
- Recommendations of the Czech Telecommunication Office in relation to draft contracts for the provision of publicly available electronic communication services
- Warranty claims on electronic communication services