Extending validity of a professional competence certificate
Before a professional competence certificate expires, it is possible to request its prolongation by the CTU. It could be done:
- electronically (Form 9 - electronic signature or data mailbox required), or
- by delivering the printed form by post or personally (contacts here).
The following principles apply: CTU may extend the validity of a certificate only when the certificate concerned is still valid and after paying relevant administrative fee. The application to extend the certificate validity must be delivered to CTU not later than one month before the expiration date of the certificate validity.
Enclose the following with the application:
- A confirmation or declaration (part of the application) that you worked for a minimum of one year in the past five years as an operator at stations for the operation of which the specified type of certificate is required;
- A double-sided copy of a valid competence certificate for a skipper (e.g. Small vessel skipper certificate, Competence certificate to captain a seafaring yacht, Rhine patent etc.) or a pilot licence, but only in case that you only document your practice as an operator in the recent period with a declaration and not confirmation from, e.g. an employer.
- A one up-to-date photograph in 35 x 45 mm format. The technical parameters of the photograph must correspond to the parameters of photographs required for the issue of a citizen’s ID card (with the exception of amateur radiocommunication service certificates);
A copy of a document (information) of having paid an administration fee of CZK 200.
(Note: If the application to extend the certificate validity is delivered to CTU less than 30 days prior to the expiration date, the applicant may be called on to pay an additional administrative fee of CZK 200.)
If the professional competence certificate validity expired, a new certificate can be issued within one year of the expiration if the applicant submit an application with a confirmation that they operated a radio transmitting equipment for a minimum of 2 years, for which the certificate was issued, during the certificate validity. In this case, an administrative fee must be paid in the amount of CZK 400. A (renewed) certificate is issued to the applicant based on an application (Form 9 – “Application for the extension of the period of validity/the issue of a special competence certificate”. As a reason for issue of certificate choose "Vydání nového průkazu do jednoho roku po propadnutí doby platnosti původního průkazu").
More detailed information is available in Czech language only and can be reached by clicking „CZ“ in the upper right corner.
Exam registration - Exams for Professional Competence Certificate
Changes in Personal Data, Issue of a Certification Duplicate
Recognition of professional competence of the EU certificate holder
Amateur radio communication service
Administrative fees for certificates and exams
Types of certificates