Radio frequencies can only be used based on individual authorisation to use radio frequencies, unless the law provides otherwise. The award of the individual authorisation to use radio frequencies is governed by:
1. Act No. 127/2005 Coll., on electronic communications and amending certain related acts (Act on Electronic Communications), as amended (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), in Section 17 to Section 19b of which the principles are laid down for the award of individual authorisation to use radio frequencies,
2. the frequency band allocation plan (National Frequency Table) issued in Decree No. 105/2010, which was published in the Collection of Laws on 19th April 2010, Chapter 38,
3. the radio spectrum utilisation plan published in Chapter 14/2005 of the Telecommunication Bulletin (Telekomunikační věstník) (common part) and in the chapters of the Telecommunication Bulletin specified here (annexes),
4. Government Order No. 154/2005 Coll., on determining the amount and method of calculating charges for using radio frequencies and numbers, as amended,
5. the obligations arising from the Czech Republic’s membership of international organisations (the decisions and recommendations of CEPT/ECC, ETSI standards, ITU recommendations etc. are taken into consideration in frequency planning).
Where awarding of the individual authorisation is necessary, CTU will decide upon the award to any provider of the network or service of the electronic communications according to the general authorisation or to an entrepreneur using these networks or services or to a person not pursuing business activities in accordance with the requirements ensuring effective use of the radio frequencies. The decision on the award will be delivered upon an application in writing filed to CTU.
CTU collects the administrative charges for awarding a decision on the individual authorisation to use the radio frequencies, to extend the validity period or to make changes, doing so in accordance with Act No. 634/2004 Coll., on administrative charges, as amended (hereinafter the Act).
The charges for using the radio frequencies are collected by CTU according to Article 24 of the Act.
In case of change of the holder of the authorisation (transfer of the individual authorisation) a submission of a common application of both current and new holder is required. The application with all the technical parameters is only required if there is some change in these specifications.
If you have any questions contact us by telephone.
For filing the application contact us in writing.
The application for using the radio frequencies for experimental use according to Article 19b of the Electronic Communications Act shall be filed in the same way as the application for the individual authorisation.